- Hydration pack or adequate water and/or energy drink supplies.
- Sufficient headwear for protection from sun
- Suitable eye-wear. (Suggest that participants have sunglasses for protection against glare).
- PFD – Personal Flotation Device that suits activity and is required by law. Failure to wear will exclude any participation in the Challenge
- Suitable clothing in case of capsize. Be realistic in what you wear as heavy clothing may result in placing you and those around you in danger if you enter the water unexpectedly. One change of dry clothing to be placed on supporting craft that will be accompanying kayakers.
- Adequate footwear
- Small torch
Day 1 – Sale to Seacombe All participants and support teams to meet at the Gippsland Kayak Club on the Longford road, Sale, at 7.00am for briefing and preparation of equipment and kayaks. Participants to ensure that all safety equipment, sunscreen, headwear and Hydration packs are aboard their kayaks before launch with all boats & kayaks commencing launch procedures by 7.30am for a 8am departure. All kayakers to obey direction of supporting boat crews and land based support teams. Recommended material and Equipment to be carried in each kayak include: